[RE-wrenches] Solark-Fortress Com? (was Fortress Battery Heater)

Howie Michaelson Howie.Michaelson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 17:56:35 PST 2023

For systems where the batteries are getting a relatively full charge every
week or and cycling down below 30% at least every now and then, closed loop
is certainly the safest way to go since the battery BMS is determining the
SOC, not the inverter's algorithm.

I've been told by a tech at Fortress that has done installation and service
that unless the batteries cycle at least occasionally, the battery's BMS
can really lose accuracy. So even in closed loop, you can have significant
discrepancies.

I ran into this a couple of weeks ago on a system that had been cycling
between 20 and 45% for several weeks. Even though the BMS was reporting
around 40%, the batteries shut down on low voltage. In cases where the
batteries aren't getting a relatively full cycle at least every week (or
2),I was told to switch over to switch the Sol Ark over to operate on
voltage instead. And to set up the charge algorithm to bring the batteries
up higher every now and then.

So far, things have worked better.

Howie Michaelson
Sun Catcher

On Thu, Feb 9, 2023, 8:10 PM Chris Sparadeo via RE-wrenches <