[RE-wrenches] Remote battery disconnects

William Bryce wlbryce at pineridgeproducts.com
Wed Feb 1 12:23:50 PST 2023

I can also backup what Jim has said, and have seen the same gear destroyed
by removing the battery abruptly when the controller is under heavy load.
They can die, and sometimes die spectacularly.

Have seen SolArk inverters integrated MPPT controllers blow up when lithium
battery BMS disconnects. Not a field fixable issue.

Just flip off the breaker when the solar is working hard and and the SolArk
will give up the smoke.

Like I originally said, it’s the non talked about issue that is a big issue
depending on what gear your using.

On Wed, Feb 1, 2023 at 2:49 PM James Jefferson Jarvis via RE-wrenches <