[RE-wrenches] Does anybody know if the LG Prime 16 battery has been test to UL9540A standards that would allow units to be closer than three feet apart?

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Thu Jan 26 08:31:03 PST 2023

The LG Prime is an NMC chemistry Lithium I believe. It probably needs as
much protection as possible from thermal runaway as it is a definitely
not as safe as LFP Lithium.  I hope I am wrong but that is what I know
at this time.

The first system I saw that met UL9540 was the pairing of Discover AES
and Schneider electronics. Others should be doing this and maybe are.
The LG is an all in one battery and inverter and similar to Tesla
Powerwall right?

https://blog.discoverbattery.com/discover-battery-aes-lifepo4-battery-certified-ul9540-for-solar-energy-storage-systems

I think you are right about 9540A from a quick look.

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/
e-mail  offgridsolar at sti.net