[RE-wrenches] blue planet battery voltage vs SOC

Nick A Lucchese lucchesesolar at me.com
Wed Dec 28 09:50:55 PST 2022

Greetings Jay,

Though the curve is obviously very flat with lithium and not very susceptible to Peukert’s law I do find that the delta between voltage and SOC can very a couple volts depending on how much current is being pushed in or out. But since you asked for a “rough” approximation here is what I observed on a couple systems I’ve got on HBX (while under load or charge).

48vdc seems to be pretty consistent at 5% but drops closer to 47% @ 1C. I just tell my clients it’s time to run the generator or conserve once at 50 or below.
51.2vdc = 21% SOC
51.6vdc = 33% SOC
52% = 45% SOC
Obviously you can see a trend of about 12% for every .4vdc

Of course when we receive a new lot of batteries and first install they are resting at 52.9vdc and are at 85% SOC.
Also, I’ve got a “confidential” document I can send you directly as well.

Good luck, Nick