[RE-wrenches] solar lease questions

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Sat Dec 17 16:09:07 PST 2022

Hey Jay,

I've been doing PV on the Big Island since 2000.

15 kW STC DC on 7.6 kW AC is ridiculous and not atypical typical of
Sunrun's crank-out-the-design-by-some-computer-program approach. When said
program calculates a 120 percent offset, does that factor in power output
clipping? I think not. Especially on the Kona side, which is sunnier than
the east side of the island, such a DC-AC ratio is pretty much sure to clip
A LOT I'm thinking.

Our current residential electric rates here on Hawaii Island are between
42.5 to 47 cents/kWh.

Aloha,
marco

On Sunday, December 18, 2022, jay via RE-wrenches <