[RE-wrenches] Head scratcher

Maverick Brown maverick at mavericksolar.com
Tue Oct 18 11:14:42 PDT 2022

I would install a main panel (outdoor surface mount?). The main panel is fed by an RV cord, 240 V 50 amp. The main panel has a double pole 20 amp breaker for the air conditioner. The main panel also has a 120V 30 amp breaker for the inverter loop. When the tiny house is plugged into the grid, the mini split and the inverter is fed grid power and the rest of the loads are on the grid via the inverter pass thru. And when the tiny houses is disconnected from the grid, the mini split does not operate and the inverter supplies loads. You can install a switch to take the inverter off grid when the main is connected to grid to utilize available solar production.

Assumption: only power mini split on the grid.

Maverick Brown
Off-Grid Solar Commander since 2006
Maverick Solar Enterprises, Inc.
 • Solar Commander Remote Power