[RE-wrenches] Discover AES Wall Mount Considerations

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Tue Sep 6 10:04:31 PDT 2022

I agree with James here.  I will relate a "funny" story about a neighbor
mounting a large Elk antler rack on his wall with lags. Worked fine,
till one night they heard a big crash, and the antlers had pulled the
wall stud right out of the wall into the living room. The 2x 4 came
right out of  the rest of the wall, the couple of nails at the top plate
were not enough.

I'd say either you beef up all your stud to stud connections with
serious reinforcing angle brackets, or just use a floor rack. That's way
too much weight to hang on a wall.  I think its actually really bad
design, and don't understand why battery manus would even make wall
mounts.  It brings up a 2nd question, which is how to make all the
connections without having exposed cables.

I'd actually consider something like  the Fortress instead.