[RE-wrenches] Enphase String Breaker Heating Up

Darryl Thayer darylsolar1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 20:11:27 PDT 2022

Hello, breakers are thermal-magnetic the current heats the breaker; if the
current is high enough for long enough, a solder pot inside melts; this
current and excessive heat causes other breakers to open  Are you sure the
string current is less than 80% of the breaker rating and the wire
connecting to the breaker is ampacity 120 percent of the current?  I have
seen several of these events when the cabinet is in the sun or in other hot
locations.  Also, excessive breakers in a panel board can cause heat
build-up and premature breaker tripping.  If a breaker trips from heat
several times, the bus bar clip can soften or distort, this can damage the
bus.
I hope this has some value.

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 1:12 PM Jason Szumlanski via RE-wrenches <