[RE-wrenches] off-grid AC coupling feasibility

Howie Michaelson Howie.Michaelson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 12:29:28 PDT 2022

Hey Kirk,
This is something I've done a few times with success, although I've used an
XW pro instead of the Radian, with OB charge controllers. Having the mix of
DC and AC coupled is ideal, as the solaredge will do the bulk of the
charging, but then charge controllers will do the finish taper charge
instead of a relay switching the solaredge on and off (which as far as I
know, solaredge removed frequency shifting for tapering the finish charge
several years ago). It is also helpful in cases where the inverter shuts
down on low voltage, as the DC coupled array will bring the battery voltage
up enough to allow the inverter to turn on and start the solaredge again.
>From my point of view, the combination of AC and DC coupling is the ideal
off grid scenario.
Howie

On Sat, Jul 30, 2022, 12:31 PM Kirk Herander via RE-wrenches <