[RE-wrenches] OutBack Power MATE3 to MATE3S Upgrade

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Thu Sep 21 07:49:19 PDT 2017

One of the reasons I like GFP is that it can save a system by shutting
down during lightning. I have seen it happen a few times with Schneider
offgrid. The other thing is there should be an SPD on the DC buss, the AC
buss, and at the array. Once you have been hit it is too late and the new
system may be next. I am not saying this is your problem, but, I am not
saying it isn't. Offgrid is so reliable because there is none of the grid
surges on the the equipment. Lightning is the big variable (and how close
it was) and if there is a human in the home, they should shut anything
from the outside down when it is near. I tell them to keep a copy of the
check for the system and post it near the disco. If it is a known
lightning prone area they/you will have to do more!  Good luck

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/
e-mail  offgridsolar at sti.net