[RE-wrenches] OutBack Power MATE3 to MATE3S Upgrade

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Wed Sep 20 08:21:56 PDT 2017

Matt:

1.   You will need to contact Tech Support with at least the last 4 digits
of MAC address to allow the new Mate3 in Optics.  Plan accordingly to do
this during tech support hours when you may have to hold for a while.

2.   One school of thought is to store programming parameters in the old
Mate3 and restore them in the new Mate3.

3.   The other school of thought is to re-enter all programming parameters
by hand to avoid importing any corrupted data.  I subscribe to the latter
and I have an Excel programming chart I use.  I could share this if you
request off-line.

4.   Consider in advance your auto-reboot, data format options and
installer password and identifying information and be prepared to enter
these parameters.  These are also Mate3-centric options.

5.   Be careful to not swap the hub and internet leads.  I have seen the
internet port fail on Mate3s.

6.   Your new Mate3S may not have shipped with current firmware.  Bring
current firmware just in case.

Good luck,

William Miller

PS:  The “S” may be an unfortunate suffix.  Makes it hard to differentiate
between the new Mate3S and plural Mate3s.

Wm

Lic 773985

millersolar.com

805-438-5600