[RE-wrenches] Hurricanes Forces

Ray ray at solarray.com
Sat Sep 16 18:12:15 PDT 2017

Is it possible there may have been loose mounting hardware here and
there?  I've found quite a few loose clamps over the years on many
different systems from myself and reputable dealers.  I've found that
using a impact driver really causes trouble; I now hand tighten
everything.  Many of the threaded aluminum type blocks can seize up when
tightened at speed with a driver, and no lube.  They seem tight, could
pass a torque wrench test, but actually are seized up.

We've recently had a pole mount that ripped modules right off their
still tight mounting bolts, which I could only explain by a mini
tornado.  This could be the explanation in your random failures too.
Another possibility are a vortex  or turbulence created by the nearby
trees or the structure itself in very high winds.  We like to model wind
extremely dynamic.

Ray Walters

Remote Solar