[RE-wrenches] Hurricane damage to solar arrays

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 03:20:52 PDT 2017

Most of mine survived Irma in Anguilla. The utility ground mount is totally
trashed. Our ground mount lost four modules.

On Sep 12, 2017 19:21, "Ray" <ray at solarray.com> wrote:

We lost an array last year in Haiti to a Hurricane, but it all comes down
to mounting, racking, and debris flying into the array.   We determined our
rack which used the Schletter pipe clamps (pinch bolts) had pulled off the
mounting pipes.  We through bolted the clamps so they couldn't pull off
again, and went to triple rails.  I think racking in Miami done to
hurricane codes is probably not going to make the news.

Ray Walters

Remote Solar