[RE-wrenches] Dusty off -grid conditions

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Fri Sep 1 13:42:52 PDT 2017

How dusty? The Schneider XW I use very often has an input air filter and
is mostly convection cooled if the loads are low. The low voltage mppt has
no fan at all. I am sure the radian is good in a hot environment but
nothing is better than an XW, and proven in the deserts since 2006.

I have in the past for under the house basements with dirt floors, used
Linseed Oil sprayed on the dirt. It forms a very nice barrier to the dirt
and keeps the dust way down. I learned this from my Grandfather who was a
gold miner up here in the Sierra. If this is done right, with multiple
coats, one can make a floor that can be mopped and kept clean in a kitchen
environment. Friday!  Good Luck!

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/