[RE-wrenches] Fluke 337 DC Clamp meter vs Outback

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Tue Aug 29 09:56:27 PDT 2017

The metering should be repeatable and some error is acceptable. The 10A
error is kind of not useful unless it is related to the amount of actual
current and nominal voltage of the system. The error may not be a big deal
on a 12V but a 48V nominal may be an issue.

A good cheap and dirty replacement is the Sears meter. Probably cheaper
than a Fluke factory calibration:)   --Dave

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-professional-true-rms-ac-dc-clamp-ammeter/p-03473756000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&gclid=Cj0KCQjwoZTNBRCWARIsAOMZHmEv6KV_T0E3frgDXm9uThcZK7hKx-4Kj0AWyOiCpm_Xrhr1MkBPg9waAmp8EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJT69Jfz_NUCFdF6fgodlJUHPw

Dave DrakeDave
> Some years ago I was talking to Outback Tech support and mentioned
> major discrepancies in voltage readings from a Mate. The support lady
> laughed and said that the meters on the Outback weren't accurate.
>
> At 04:48 PM 8/28/2017, you wrote:
>>My fluke 337 DC clamp meter is consistently reading about 10 A less
>>than what I'm seeing on the flex max and Mate3.. Outback tells me my
>>fluke is lame.. Bad sushi?
>>
>>Dan Brown
>>Foxfire Energy Corp.
>>(802)-483-2564
>>www.Foxfire-Energy.com
>>
>>List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>>
>>Change listserver email address & settings:
>>http://lists.re-wrenches.org/options.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org

>>List rules & etiquette:
>>www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>>
>>Check out or update participant bios: