[RE-wrenches] SimpliPhi Power PHI3.4 Smart -Tech Batteries

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 15:26:08 PDT 2017

I had a situation with a Sonnon system where the controller missed it's
turn off point and discharged the batteries until there was not enough
voltage to keep the BMS running. I jury rigged two 300W panels in parallel
and charged the batteries directly until they turned on the BMS.

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 2:06 PM, Starlight Solar Power Systems <
larry at starlightsolar.com> wrote:

> Jay,
>
> After LVD, with Relion, LiFeBlue and the new Elite PS ABC-CPU, the BMS
> will keep the battery off until you begin to charge. The battery will
> automatically come back online.
>
> Larry
>

> On Aug 10, 2017, at 7:43 AM, Jay <jay.peltz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> This is wonderful info.
> And it leads into the what happens when it reaches LVD?
> Given that it is using almost 10% per day of battery capacity for the BMS,
> what happens when the charging source for whatever reason shuts down. ( CC
> dies while people are gone for a few days for one example)
> The BMS turns off the loads, but what turns off the BMS and how do you
> turn it back on when it happens?
>
> Thx
>
> Jay
> Peltz power
>

> > On Aug 9, 2017, at 6:21 PM, Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar <
> offgridsolar at sti.net> wrote:
> >
> > FYI, the LG Chem RESU10 consumes about 40 watts or less with the XW+ main
> > breaker off.
> >

> >> Hi Jay and Dave,
> >>
> >> LiFeBlue battery has a wireless Bluetooth monitor that is connected to
> the
> >> BMS in each battery. SoC, current, cycle life, voltage, health, battery
> >> faults and more is provided on the free IOS or Android App. Up to 62kWh
> at
> >> 48 volts available today.
> >>
> >> http://www.lifebluebattery.com/the-smartest-lithium-battery/index.html
> >>
> >> Larry
> >>

> >> On Aug 4, 2017, at 5:05 PM, Jay <jay.peltz at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Yes true. I haven't found the perfect off grid lithium battery.  But
> until
> >> the prices come down, I become a better sales person, or I get rich
> >> clients not a big problem for me.
> >> You will have to use external % meter, but been doing that for long
> time.
> >>
> >> Sure good comm would be better, however one of the questions no one
> seems
> >> to have an answer for is energy consumption for the BMS, any BMS.
> >>
> >> On a different note, how does the LG or PW deal with dark start?  If it
> >> shuts down due to low voltage, how do you get it started again?
> >>
> >> Jay

> an

> and

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios:
> www.members.re-wrenches.org
>

> Thank you,
>
> Larry Crutcher
> Starlight Solar Power Systems
> (928) 342-9103

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios:

Chris Mason
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™
Solar Design Engineer
Generac Generators Industrial technician

www.cometsolar.com <http://www.cometenergysystems.com>
264.235.5670
869.662.5670
Skype: netconcepts