[RE-wrenches] Off Grid Refrigeration

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Tue Jun 27 12:52:38 PDT 2017

I use & recommend an Energy Star Refers & do the math: A 512 Kwhr per year
REF / 365 = 1402 Kwhr/ day x 1.25 = 1753 Kwhrs/ day

However, todays refrigerators are only rated at a 10-year working life. Our
last one crashed at 8 years. $2000/8 = $250/ year for cool food. Pretty bad
track record for cold whatever.

Dana Orzel                       Great Solar Works, Inc.

208.721.7003                       dana at solarwork.com

Idaho Contractor - # 028765          Idaho PV # 028374

NABCEP # 051112-136                       www.solarwork.biz

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"