[RE-wrenches] Off Grid Refrigeration

Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Tue Jun 27 08:21:26 PDT 2017

Hey Drake,

Because of the very low cost of producing power by PV solar, I always recommend a standard, high efficiency refrigerator. It doesn’t makes sense to by speciality refrigerators that cost 2-4 times times the price of ‘off the shelf” brands. Many brands have models that use about 1 kWh per day. That means you can make the power it takes to operate it for under $500.

Look here at kWh/Year: https://www.energystar.gov/most-efficient/me-certified-refrigerators

Larry