[RE-wrenches] Generator choice for Sunny Island

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Fri Jun 23 15:25:41 PDT 2017

Hi Gary and All –

We looked into the EcoGen unit, but the 6kW is discontinued and the 15kW
EcoGen is not rated to be sold in California. Bummer.

Speaking of California, do any of you know about the CARB compliance issues
on selecting a generator for an offgrid renewable project? We had one
generator rep tell us that only a Tier 4F CARB generators are legal for use
with offgrid in California, but I can’t find anything online to clarify.
Since this project is in the National Parks, we need to make sure we don’t
have any compliance issues. If anyone knows anything about what kind of
CARB compliance is or isn’t required, I’d love to hear about it.

Cheers!

August