[RE-wrenches] Generator choice for Sunny Island

Peter Giroux pgiroux at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 17 06:53:10 PDT 2017

August

    Have used both SMA and OutBack inverters for this application. One challenge with the smaller generators is getting a true 60 hertz, they fluctuate. The Sunny Boy can be programmed to operate at a lower hertz range if SMA will share the "secret code ". Recently did a Outback system and the customer had a Propane fired Briggs and Stratton gen set, two wire start, works great. I understand why you want to use the matching SMA's.

Have fun
peter