[RE-wrenches] Canadian Electrical Code question about load side taps

penobscotsolar at midmaine.com penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Fri May 26 05:18:10 PDT 2017

I'll rephrase this and possibly someone has a suggestion. In the Bahamas
(they use CEC 2015), they are currently not allowing any load side taps in
gentran switches. They suggest including a large, expensive load center
with backfed breakers to combine the utility and pv ac output before
connecting to the gentran. I thought I read that some people are using
relays to open a circuit when the utility goes down. Is there anything ul
listed that might fit this bill, or does anyone have any other ideas that
are less expensive than $1500+ for each system. This is all 3 phase and
most people have at least a 200 amp service.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Daryl