[RE-wrenches] Anybody else getting 240 arc fault codes on Fronius installs as frequently as me???

Howard Arey scot.arey at solarcentex.com
Mon May 8 07:14:35 PDT 2017

No – I have not.

My strongest suspect in all of this is AC / DC conflict and insulation issues.

For those familiar, the DC and AC conductors run in the same space. Not too different than other inverters, I’d say. Fronius provides a conductor insulator sleeve for the AC conductors when the wires cannot be physically separated t othe left and right side (perhaps because of location of the array and where conductors enter the wire space.) WE have decided to now install those no matter what – can’t hurt.

Back to the megger testing…All of these are 600V applications and the conductor is rated for that. But the problems mostly (but not exclusively) occur at peak irradiance / middle of the day which leads me to believe the combo of high DC and high AC finally conflicts.

Perhaps time to invest in a megger tester. Next step for a professional installer I’d say.

Thank you.

Howard “Scot” Arey

254-300-1228

 <mailto:scot.arey at solarcentex.com> scot.arey at solarcentex.com