[RE-wrenches] Outback VFXR3648 failures

Bruce Geddes bruce.g at ruralinzone.net
Wed May 3 19:33:23 PDT 2017

Hi All,

                Although using a different version of the VFXR (3024E) I
have also had issues with a factory supplied FP2 system which is now
resolved.  Random shutdowns of the slave inverter which would indicate
"firmware versions different" and eventually lock up and revert to Boot Load
mode.  Required a firmware upload direct from the Mate to the inverter,
would not work via Hub!  I was told it was a firmware issue but later, from
a  different tech support, that it was a comms board issue which has now
been resolved with a  complete redesign of the board in question.  Total of
5x 6hour round trips to sort out!

My problem was fixed by retrofitting some VFX3024E's, fortunately an
off-grid system so no need for the grid capability.

Cheers,

Bruce Geddes

PowerOn