[RE-wrenches] NEC 705.12(B)(2)(3)(c) intention

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Wed Apr 19 18:01:43 PDT 2017

True, but, the intent of the Code is not to always allow the
interconnection of the maximum amount of PV power possible, so long as
an over-current event cannot occur.

Here we see Code that prevents over-current events in all cases. I guess
you could say that that is it's intent.

Sadly, the case you show would not be one of those allowed.

Happily, many that would not have been allowed in the past are now allowed.

This is called progress.