[RE-wrenches] Polaris gone bad?

John Blittersdorf john.blittersdorf at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 11:07:16 PDT 2017

Chris,
   I have had Polaris connectors fail in combiners and inside Main Service
Panels.  I immediately quit using them.. That was about 5 years ago.  I
didn't trust wire nuts either as I have had them meltdown.   I'm a split
bolt junky now. They never fail unless you don't wrap enough insulation
around them.  Had one split bolt arc and pit the metal box but no problem
with the connection.

John Blittersdorf
Rob Stubbins Solar
Rutland, VT