[RE-wrenches] Sunpower micros and mysterious outages

Chris Worcester chris at solarwindworks.com
Mon Mar 27 11:57:51 PDT 2017

I’ve seen half of a 200A DP main CB fail intermittently, causing some circuits to go down then come back on at various times. Then on one service call out to diagnose this strange set of partial blackouts, I heard an internal click while standing next to it, after checking every wire in every panel of this large off grid system. The breaker handles didn’t trip though. A very hard one to figure out.  We swapped it out and no more partial black outs.

Chris Worcester

Solar Wind Works

NABCEP Certified PV Installer

Office 530-582-4503