[RE-wrenches] High End battery

Ray ray at solarray.com
Mon Mar 27 13:46:48 PDT 2017

Hi Mac;

That system sounds like a couple of systems I looked at last year.  SW
inverters and the batteries back in a crawl space with (surprise) no
watering.  We ended up decommissioning one of those, as the new owner
was no longer interested in solar backup.  The crawl space definitely
doesn't meet code, and doesn't meet even my basic 3rd world sensibility
either. Using sealed batteries is not an excuse, it still needs to be
somewhat 110.26 compliant to check cell voltages and replace batteries.
Just removing those old L 16s from the crawl space is nasty, dangerous
work.  My guess is this would be subject to OSHA rules for hazardous,
enclosed spaces as well.

First plan to relocate the batteries, then lets have a discussion on
what brand is going to be used.

R. Ray Walters
Chief Technical Officer, RemoteSolar.com
BS Mech Engineering, 1988
Former NABCEP Certified, 2004-2016
Licensed Master ELectrician, Colorado
303 505-8760