[RE-wrenches] High End battery

Dave Palumbo palumbo131m at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 06:33:11 PDT 2017

Mac,

I have had good success using Full River AGM's in difficult situations. One system near the Canadian border here in Vermont had no homeowner care for two months in the winter. PV array became covered with snow and they had left their inverter on to run a refrigerator. Of course the batteries became discharged and they were in temperatures well below freezing. I was brought in to assess and service the situation. I found these 6v 250AH AGM's with about 4 volts each. I assumed they were ruined.

Nope. I brought them back to my shop and warmed them up, charged them and then did a load test and they all tested out at or above manufacturer specs. They have been working well for another three years now.

David Palumbo

Independent Power LLC

462 Solar Way Drive

Hyde Park, VT 05655