[RE-wrenches] Aquion Batteries

John Blittersdorf john.blittersdorf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 11:57:58 PST 2017

Drake,
    I just did my first Aquion Install on an off-grid second home.  It is a
24V single VFX3524.  10 Aspen 24 volt stacks.  No one has been living there
since I installed it but at least the generator stopped running 2 or 3
times a day just to maintain the heating system. The generator hasn't run
at all (since the first charge) the 10 days since we installed it. I am
waiting for the owners to come up from NYC in early April to give it the
test.  It will get hit hard so we should know right away how it will
respond.  I have the system monitored on OpticsRE so we will be able to see
what is happening.  So far the batteries have stayed between 24.6 and
28.6.  I, too, am anxious to see what happens when we are running with the
inverter set for the lowest setting which I think is around 39 or 40
volts.  It will be great to have the OpticsRE control to play around with
the AGS settings to find the most efficient settings in regard to generator
run time.   Our #1 goal now is to minimize gen time.

John Blittersdorf
Solar Guru
Rob Stubbins Solar