[RE-wrenches] Clearing Snow From Modules

Benn Kilburn benn at skyfireenergy.com
Sat Feb 4 08:36:51 PST 2017

Drake,
Regarding snow cover being a "major problem", ...are you only referring to off-grid or also grid-tie systems?
For off-grid, I'd agree, however, for grid-tied systems around here (Edmonton, Alberta) we've found that snow is not a great concern, when considering its effect on a systems annual production.

Here is a link to a great ongoing project that is assessing the effects of module tilt and snow cover.....
https://solaralberta.ca/content/alberta-solar-performance-data

Benn Kilburn
SkyFire Energy Inc.
780-906-7807