[RE-wrenches] Solar World Wind Damage

Dana Dana at solarwork.com
Thu Jan 12 14:14:37 PST 2017

At a 13,200' elevation installation in W CO we had an anemometer lose its
cups at 135MPH. The SWWP Air lost its blades at some point, but the Solarex
modules stayed on their rack. The NWS said that this was typical of the jet
stream touching down to ground level [if you consider 13.2K Ft ground
level]. It seems that at a high elevation this could be a much greater
possibility than say sea level.

How high an elevation install was this? and was it subject to a ventury
effect between 2 opposing canyon or valley walls, like on a canyon side wall
or something similar?

Dana Orzel - Great Solar Works, Inc - C - 208.721.7003

NABCEP # 051112-136 : Idaho PV Licence # 028374

E - dana at solarwork.com  - Web - www.solarwork.biz

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"