[RE-wrenches] Solar World Wind Damage

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Tue Jan 10 17:26:19 PST 2017

Ray:

I can't say I have a solution to your problem, but I can share some photos
of two similar failures in case you can glean any information from them.
See:
http://www.millersolar.com/MillerSolar/case_studies/Wind_damage/_wind_dama
ge.html

The first failure is a Zomeworks.  On the same exact spot we tried a DPW
TOP.  Neither could withstand a funnel effect provided by the topography.

At the same location we installed a roof mount as well that has never
failed (to my knowledge, we don't service that customer anymore).

I think if you have terrain that is tilted in the correct direction a
mount that hugs the ground is best.  That is a lay opinion, however.

William

Lic 773985
millersolar.com
805-438-5600