[RE-wrenches] OutBack Power MATE3 to MATE3S Upgrade

Matthew Sirum matthewsirum at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 03:12:05 PDT 2017

Greetings All,

I'm preparing to replace an existing OutBack Power MATE3 System
Display/Controller with the new MATE3S.  The system is a grid tied 5
stack of Radian GS8048A Inverter/Chargers.  I am interested to know if
any of you may have done this and if you encountered any issues or
have any insights to pass along.  This system does have a generator
and uses the Advanced Generator Start (AGS) function to control
generator start/stop and battery charging while the generator is
running.  I believe this is the only Display/Controller based function
the system is using, so it will likely need to be programed and setup
in the new MATE3S.  I am hopeful that all other programing is stored
in the Radians and will not need to be reprogramed/entered to the new
MATE3S.  The system is connected to OpticsRE (OutBack Power's system
monitoring website/service).  I assume we may need to do some
programing from the new MATE3S and/or from the system's OpticsRE site
to enable communication since the new MATE3S may have a different IP
address, MAC Address, and etc than the MATE3 we are removing.

We are hopeful the new MATE3S will allow the system to function better
with its OpticsRE site and not need to be reset every couple months.

Please let me know if you have any experience or thoughts to offer.

Have any of you installed and setup the new MATE3S?  Any Issues,
insights, or comparisons to the MATE3 to report?

Thank you!

Best regards,

----MATT

Matthew Sirum