[RE-wrenches] Rodent bird guard question

Tom Lane tom at ecs-solar.com
Sun Jun 25 04:53:38 PDT 2017

Does anyone know of a bird rodent guard THAT IS VENTED TO STILL ALLOW GOOD AIRFLOW UNDERNEATH , I imagine that it it is too tight it will cause the temperature to rise and lower voltage somewhat . In Florida roof temperatures go up to 170 F and not only do you want air flow under the modules , if you keep them 31/2 inches off the roof surface you typically lower the AC bill under the modules in the home about 15% of the area that is covered . A guard that does not allow airflow in my opinion would be worst than the varmints . I would rather not have a guard that does not allow air flow as it make shorten the life of the modules . I have Hawks around my house that take care of critters , and a fake owl and fake snake on my roof , Gator Tom

Tom Lane - Sent from my iPad