[RE-wrenches] Snow retention / removal for Lumos carports

Andrew Truitt atruitt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 15:48:55 PDT 2017

Wrenches,

We're looking at a Lumos carport project in NJ and I'm wondering if anyone
has any thoughts / recommendations / experience with how to handle snow on
carport structures.  The fact that Lumos modules are frameless adds an
unfortunate wrinkle since no existing clamp-type solutions (that I've
found) will work.  After hearing about some carports that have toppled over
under heavy snow loads we're considering just contracting with a snow
removal service, but that would be costly.  Any input would be much
appreciated.

Regards,

*Andrew Truitt*

Director of Emerging Technologies | *DIVIDEND* *SOLAR*

mobile    202-486-7507 <(202)%20486-7507>

online     *www.dividendsolar.com <http://www.dividendsolar.com/>*

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional ID: 032407-66

Colorado Journeyman Electrician License No.: 600132

"Don't get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It's just that I prefer fusion
to fission. And it just so happens that there's an enormous fusion reactor
safely banked a few million miles from us. It delivers more than we could
ever use in just about 8 minutes. And it's wireless!"

~William McDonough