[RE-wrenches] Battery Transport

Ray ray at solarray.com
Mon May 22 17:01:34 PDT 2017

HI All;

I was wondering if anyone had run into to trouble or special
requirements or regulations when hauling new or dead lead acid batteries
to and from job sites.  Do we need to be DOT approved/ registered?  This
seems like a special case, since regular shipping companies do not
deliver to these remote areas.

The regulations etc are amazingly daunting.  In the past, I've
considered it a case of a contractor transporting building materials to
the job site. We're not a carrier, that delivers packages for others for
a living.   We have rented a truck with a DOT# when we need something
over the 10,000 lb gross vehicle limit, like a 1 ton truck.  I'm hoping
that would be adequate.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

--
R. Ray Walters
Chief Technical Officer, RemoteSolar.com