[RE-wrenches] Xantrex XW 6048A unregulated during charging

Jason Lerner wapalco at rockisland.com
Wed May 3 15:17:43 PDT 2017

Hello All,

I’m working on a system with 3 Xantrex XW 6048’s that has grid on AC1 and a 20 kw generator on AC2.  When charging from grid it regulates during an absorption charge at 58.2 where it should.  When charging from AC 2 - generator, the battery Voltage rises above 62 VDC,  but not every single time.  All the settings are correct, EQ is turned off, and if it accidentally got turned on is set at the same Voltage as the absorption setting.  Customer has a brand new 33 kWh AGM battery bank,  that I would rather not fry.  This is a battery backup system with no PV.

I have checked all the temperature sensors (they seem good) and tried charging with them plugged in,  and with them unplugged and it doesn’t seem to change the situation.

Has anybody else seen this happen before?  Any suggestions?

Thanks very much,

Jason Lerner
Waldron Power and Light Co.
(888) 927-2526