[RE-wrenches] Sta-Rite Submersible Well Pump

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Wed Apr 26 20:32:23 PDT 2017

My well driller-well pump guy is offering Sta-Rite pumps manufactured by
Pentair [as in Pentair water filtration they seem to be buying lots of water
related companies].

I am curious as to feedback on these, has anyone used them?

Soft start, digital controls, easy programming, stainless steel, 3-year
warranty, & includes a pressure transducer, so no pressure switch required.

My pump guy says he has only had 1 issue on 1 pump in serval hundred
installed. Almost sounds too good to believe.

A bit less $ retail than a Grundfoss but supposedly a whole lot more
reliable.

A 1 HP motor 20 GPM pump draws 4.7 Amp/240 VA as it hits a 60 psi cutout
[1,128 watts peak] though I will set to 30/50 psi.

Comments please.

Dana Orzel                       Great Solar Works, Inc.

208.721.7003                       dana at solarwork.com

Idaho Contractor - # 028765          Idaho PV # 028374

NABCEP # 051112-136                       www.solarwork.biz

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"