[RE-wrenches] SMA & Solar-Log

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Fri Apr 14 05:34:41 PDT 2017

Yes, I did 13 kw tracked system in SW Colorado in ’06-07? And the utility wanted a rev. grade meter. The SMA Sunny web-box box had crapped out 2 months past warranty & the owner was not interested in installing another. Solar-Log was very helpful during & after the installation.

We did have the S-L meter go down & replacement was quick & I suspect to this day, lightning. We had 2 separate SMA inverters also go down on this site and lightning may have been a contributing factor though nothing was ever determined specifically.

If the Sunny web box is not in manufacture any more, why would you go that route now? You will be replacing with a Solar-Log or other meter down the road.

Solar-Log gets a thumbs up from me.

Dana Orzel                       Great Solar Works, Inc.

208.721.7003                       dana at solarwork.com

Idaho Contractor - # 028765          Idaho PV # 028374

NABCEP # 051112-136                       www.solarwork.biz

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"