[RE-wrenches] Alpha Solaris 3500 xp

Ray ray at solarray.com
Sat Mar 11 15:57:14 PST 2017

Greetings Wrenches;

I have recently decommissioned a 2007(?) Alpha Solaris 3500 XP grid tied
battery backup system.  The batteries were cooked and the whole unit was
off line.  The customer was no longer interested in the recurring costs
of backup, so we elected to rewire the array for higher voltage and add
a GT only inverter for about the cost of battery replacement.

My question: Is this unit worth reusing as a UPS or off grid inverter?
I don't think GTB is feasible again as I doubt this meets the latest
UL1741, and the PV control is not even MPPT.   I might reuse the
enclosure for batteries, and pull the inverter out for someone else's
discount 48 v Craig's list experiment.

Does anyone have a manual for it?   I know Alpha purchased Outback
Power, but there is no mention of the Solaris in a search of the various
Alpha Group websites. Anyone interested on a great deal on this thing
can contact me off list.

As always, thanks in advance for all of your knowledgeable replies,

--
R. Ray Walters
Chief Technical Officer, RemoteSolar.com