[RE-wrenches] Rapid Shut Down Box In In-Accessible Location vs SMA Multigate XT

markf at berkeleysolar.com markf at berkeleysolar.com
Mon Jan 30 09:25:21 PST 2017

Folks,
Clearly residential rapid shutdown boxes will generally be located on
roofs and as such will be in inaccessible locations.

I guess this works because the equipment is remotely operated.

I have an SMA Multigate for use with my SMA microinverters. If I put just
the Multigate in a box with no disconnecting means inside the box, can I
then mount it in an in-accessible location?

I have the Multigate XT which is a listed assebly which comes with a
disconnecting means built into the box, so now I have to put it in an
accessible location?

What code reference tells use when different equipment needs to be in an
accessible location?

Mark