[RE-wrenches] SB2500U vac-bfr error

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Fri Jan 13 10:26:38 PST 2017

Dear Wrenches:

I have a customer with a SMA SB2500U exhibiting the vac-bfr error code.  I
believe this indicates a grid voltage out of tolerance.  The inverter has
correct grid voltage and frequency to the grid terminals and is a model
that does not include the fuse.  This inverter is on longer supported so I
can’t get a repair. I have previously changed out the firmware and used the
reset sequence.

I tried resetting the inverter by cycling power for several minutes and
using the ENS1/ENS2 procedure.  No change in status.  Does anyone happen to
know of any other method to reset this inverter?  Otherwise it becomes a
boat anchor.

Thanks,

William

[image: Gradient Cap_mini]