[RE-wrenches] Generac EcoGen 6

Matthew Sirum matthewsirum at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 16:22:04 PST 2016

Greetings Dave,

Which Generac controller is on this 6kW EcoGen?  Some of the Generac
controller instructions I have seen state that once the controller
control panel fuse is removed and/or the connections to the starting
battery are disconnected the exercise programming will need to be
re-entered.  If you have not already done so, you may want to check
the controller programing and specifically the exercise feature
programming.  I'm wondering if this may be causing the issue you are
observing.  Date and time may need to be set for the controller as
well.  I believe the EcoGen models may come from the factory ready for
2-wire start, so hopefully the start feature programing does not need
to be re-entered as well.  The appropriate Generac controller
instructions for the controller model you are working with should
provide the password and lead you through the necessary steps.

I also like the suggestions of checking the 2-wire start circuit
conductors.  I would remove these 2 wires from their connections at
the generator and see if the issue persists.

Best of luck.  Let us know how this issue works out.

Best regards,

----MATT

Matthew Sirum
P.O. Box 1227
Greenfield, MA 01302-1227  USA
phone: +1.413.773.0611
email: MatthewSirum at gmail.com

---- Original Message Bellow ----

[RE-wrenches] Generac EcoGen 6

Dave Palumbo palumbo131m at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 06:14:48 PST 2016

Wrenches,

I have a 6 kW Generac EcoGen (1,300 hrs on it) with a new problem.

.         After swapping in a new battery the other day  the generator now
starts and runs when its start switch is positioned to Auto.

.         The OutBack inverter w Mate2 is not calling for an auto start.

.         Even when the EcoGen is disconnected from the off grid house it
still starts and runs every time the start switch is set to Auto.

How do I clear this problem and get this gen back to normal?

Thanks and Happy New Year,

Dave

David Palumbo

Independent Power LLC