[RE-wrenches] Mate 3 lock-up

John Blittersdorf john.blittersdorf at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 06:49:57 PST 2016

Jay,
  Glad to know you have had good luck with the mate 3.  I am depending on
it and OpticsRE to monitor some remote sites.  The mountaintop transmitter
site has worked flawlessly but the main problem is keeping the internet
connection up there that is transmitted from another mountaintop site.  At
a second home remote site I saw a generator fail an exercise run on Sat and
called the caretaker Sunday when the system was going down.  It went off
line at 9 pm yesterday but it is sunny this morning and everything came
back on at 8 am but the caretaker will have to chain up and drive the 2
mile mountain road to manually reset the Eco-Gen.  It might have been the
last -9 degree night with 45 mile and hour winds.

   I was able to contact Outback this morning and the magic button is the
UP button.  Push and hold. That will release the lock button to work, then
go to settings, system, then do clear internal datalog.  There have been
some issues with it not overwriting when memory runs out and it locks up.
Also he said to go back to firmware version 3.011 or older.. I will once
again ask the customer to consider adding solar as it would recover the
inverter which would charge the generator battery and at least prevent
battery abuse.  It is great to watch the sun heal most of the ills.

John Blittersdorf
Rob Stubbins Solar