[RE-wrenches] SB -40 Wi-Fi

jerrysgarage01 jerrysgarage01 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 08:33:15 PST 2016

HowieI here in Hawaii, we are slow to approve new inverters and it takes a very long time to get through permits so l can't say much about the SMA -40 Inverter. Regarding wifi vs hard line, maybe for one unit it would be easy but we just installed 27 of the SMA 24K -22 at one location and hard wire is the only solution with all the updates and programming we need to do. I do feel a display would be a help as " in front of the inverter trouble shooting" is better, there is talk about phone apps but just more crap to have to look at in the bright light when a built in basic display would be a better solution.On the topic of hard to read display lenses, use headlight lense cleaner, makes a big difference.Jerry