[RE-wrenches] Outback Mate3 programming issues

Roy Rakobitsch windsine at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 14:19:55 PST 2016

Hello William, Its very frustrating to deal with this sort of thing. I have
been running a Mate3 with Optics and I have to say, Its gotten a lot better
than it was in the beginning! (however, there are still a few bugs,
specifically with 3.015.003.

I have been running 3.015.001 and its been mostly solid (with the exception
of small one or two hour windows of data that go missing. This doesnt
always happen, but every once in a while it does.

When I ran 3.015.000 (If I recall)  That is when I had exactly what you
described: Upon plugging in (to reboot) Mate3, it would remove stacking
parameters and make multiple inverters Master. Ive seen it happen on my
home system. Upgrading to 3.015.001 seems to have fixed that issue for me.

If you have your doubts about what firmware you should be running, I would
check out the Outback user forum, members seem pretty fast to make a stink
about new bugs and issues found.

Good luck

RoyR

Roy Rakobitsch
NABCEP Certified Small Wind Installer®
Certified Advanced Tower Climbing, Safety & Rescue
Wind/PV Design Engineer
Windsine LLC
631-514-4166
www.windsine.org