[RE-wrenches] Milwaukee M18 one key tools

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Wed Nov 30 10:05:55 PST 2016

I get the torque wrench out occasionally to check, especially if using
some new hardware with different specs.  However on a daily basis, I
generally do it by feel.  I have come across an amazing number of over
and under torqued connections over the years, though, so it really is an
issue for all of us to watch out for.  Even though I'm not toting a
torque wrench up on the roof, I still hand tighten the final half turn
on all connections, to make sure they are right.  I don't run a big crew
anymore, but I could see the advantage in having pre-programmed settings
for the new people.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,