[RE-wrenches] Firmware, Firmware, Firmaware was Outback Programming Ghost

Chris Schaefer chris at solarandwindfx.com
Mon Nov 14 15:12:19 PST 2016

Lones,
Ok, so my question is if we save the original user settings to one SD card
and then format a separate SD card with the new firmware and install. Once
the new firmware is installed can we put the original SD card in and upload
all of our user settings. Or do we have to manually input all the settings?

Also do you have a spreadsheet of the installer settings we can download as
is found at the end of the Owners manual just in case we need to manually
put the settings back in for recording purposes?

Thanks,
Christopher

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Lones Tuss <ltuss at outbackpower.com> wrote:

> Hello All
>
>   The legacy Mate(2) and legacy FX inverters did require the units to be
> sent to OutBack to be updated.
>
> The Mate3 and the FXRA inverters can all be updated in the field.
>
> The newest revisions of software are available on the OutBack website.
>
> http://outbackpower.com/catalogs-collaterals/category/td-firmware-updates
>

> Down load the new firmware on an SD Card insert it into the Mate3
>
> Press the Lock Button enter 141 as the password.
>
> Select Firmware Update
>
> Then choose the device you wish to update.
>

>  When updating the inverters it is advised to put the system in Bypass as
> the inverters will shut down when an update is performed.
>

> Lones Tuss
>
> Applications Engineer
>
> OutBack Power Technologies
>
> 17825 59th Ave NE, Suite B, Arlington, WA 98223
>
> 360.618.4383 Office | 425.213.8794 Cell
>
> www.outbackpower.com

Chris Schaefer’s
<http:www.solarandwindfx.com>

*Tel/Fax 585-229-2083 or Cell 585-748-1870 *
*5115 South Hill Road ~ Canandaigua New York 14424**www.solarandwindfx.com
<http://www.solarandwindfx.com> ~ E-mail: chris at solarandwindfx.com
<chris at solarandwindfx.com>*

Thomas Jefferson, the author of our great Constitution, once said,
"democracy" will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
willing to work and give to those who would not."