[RE-wrenches] Conduit in a slab

Allan Sindelar allan at sindelarsolar.com
Sat Oct 29 23:12:06 PDT 2016

Adam,
Over time earth can be corrosive to metal, which is why good practice
here is to use PVC below grade and transition to EMT once the conduit is
exposed above grade. I suspect that concrete would have similar effects.
In New Mexico, state Code requires Schedule 80 if PVC is used above
grade, I suspect primarily because of the intensity of our
high-elevation sun, so by that logic you'd use a Sch. 80 90 sweep to
exit the slab, then transition.
Allan

*Allan Sindelar*
allan at sindelarsolar.com <mailto:allan at sindelarsolar.com>
NABCEP Certified Technical Sales Professional
New Mexico EE98J Journeyman Electrician
Founder (Retired), Positive Energy, Inc.
*505 780-2738 cell*

**