[RE-wrenches] TIny House Pump

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 10:03:03 PDT 2016

Boats have small pressure switched potable water pumps running on DC. The
pumps from manufacturers like Jabsco last for a long time and can be
rebuilt.

https://www.amazon.com/Jabsco-31620-0092-Marine-Pressure-Outlets/dp/B000O8B4CG/ref=sr_1_10?s=boating-water-sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1477760477&sr=1-10

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Ray Walters <ray at solarray.com> wrote:

> Greetings Esteemed Wrenches:
>
> We have a tiny house project, and need to supply the pressure pump. My go
> to pump has been the Grundfos MQ series of constant pressure pumps.  They
> have no start up surge, and don't require an external pressure switch or
> pressure tank.  For small part time cabins, we've used the Shurflo or
> Aquatec diapraghm pumps.
> In this case, I fee that the Grundfos is overkill at 10 GPM, and that the
> RV pumps won't last very long in full time use.  Any other choices out
> there I should be looking at?
> I'm thinking 3 GPM max will be fine, but I would like something more
> reliable.  The pump would be preferred to be 120 vac, but I might consider
> a 24 vdc unit if it otherwise fits the bill.
>
> As always, thanks in advance for all your comments and suggestions.
>
> --
> R.Ray Walters
> CTO, Solarray, Inc
> Nabcep Certified PV Installer,
> Licensed Master Electrician
> Solar Design Engineer
> 303 505-8760

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios:

Chris Mason
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™
Solar Design Engineer
Generac Generators Industrial technician

www.cometsolar.com <http://www.cometenergysystems.com>
264.235.5670
869.662.5670
Skype: netconcepts